Perfume bottles are also a kind of art worth collecting, so how to choose perfume bottles to collect? Mainly from the following aspects:
1. Years. Generally speaking, the earlier the perfume bottle is produced, the more valuable it is for collection and appreciation. For example, the Lalique-style glass perfume bottles in the first century BC; the amethyst bottles from 50 to 150 AD; the blown glass jars in the first century AD, etc., from them, you can experience the real “long-lasting fragrance”.
2. Place of origin. Perfume bottles from different origins record different folk customs, and you can feel different cultural flavors. The oldest perfume in the world discovered in Cyprus is simply and unpretentiously contained in a small pottery bottle; while the exotic Madame Butterfly series perfume bottle is more beautiful and faintly reveals the ancient oriental country. Mysterious breath.
3. Material. The modern perfume bottle manufacturing industry has developed along with the glass crystal manufacturing industry. Therefore, glass and crystal are the main raw materials for the design of modern perfume bottles. In addition, porcelain and enamel are often used as raw materials for perfume bottles. Of course, the overall effect is also related to shape, color and decoration.
4. Modeling. The shape of the perfume bottle is quite rich today. In addition to the shapes that can be described such as square, round, heart, crescent, cone, and inverted trapezoid, there are many shapes that are too strange to describe in words.
5. Color. The color of the perfume bottle is very rich, generally light color, especially light lemon yellow, because the lemon yellow matches the color of most perfumes, and it can give people a fresh and refreshing feeling.
6. Decoration. Elegantly decorated perfume bottles play a decisive role in attracting women’s visual attention. The carved surface, the wonderful flower bottle caps, and some are also decorated with hand-bound bows, so that the visual art of the perfume bottle and the olfactory art of perfume have the same appreciation value.
7. Technological elements. Nowadays, more and more perfume packaging designs use simple and abstract expression methods to make the whole perfume give people a simple and modern feeling, while using various high-tech elements. For example, the recently launched “Jennifer Lopez Vitality Lady Perfume” has a unique shape. When you lift it up high and spin it quickly in the sun, you will be pleasantly surprised to see the seven-color light beam flashing on the bottle. The embossed colorful ribbon on the bottle is tangled and dancing, and the violet metal ring contrasts with the perfume logo.